Last update 2022-10-10
First, we at Halcyon Winds love user modding and mods to our games and want to encourage you to mod. We see benefits for everyone involved.
The EULA and this Policy outlines under which conditions you may create and distribute mods of Halcyon Winds . This Policy constitutes an integral part of the EULA by reference.
Halcyon Winds is not always the owner of the intellectual property into a game which it publishes, and therefore, Paradox cannot unconditionally allow modding to all games published by us. If you are unsure of which games are affected, please contact us on Discord at https://discord.gg/hYzMx3JgDN . This Policy applies to all mods, including mods distributed through third party platforms such as Steam Workshop, created by you.
- Halcyon Winds recognizes that you have a moral right regarding the elements of the mod which are your own original creative work. However, any elements of the mod which represent, derive from, or is based upon the game (for example characters, settings, plot, artwork, mechanics, sound and locations) shall be owned by Halcyon Winds, and you agree that all rights economic and other, title and interest into such shall vest solely with Halcyon Winds. If you want to use the mod or assets for any commercial purpose, contact Halcyon Winds at us on Discord at https://discord.gg/hYzMx3JgDN
- To create mods, Halcyon Winds may make available mod tools to you. Provided that you comply with this Policy and the EULA, and upon your acceptance of the EULA, Halcyon Winds grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, revocable right and license to install, access and use in-game modding tools and any other related tools provided by Halcyon Winds to you (including to create and distribute mods.
- Any use of the mod tools, and creation and publication of mods, is for strictly non-commercial purposes only, and you may not accept any fees or donations for your creation and publication of mods.
- By publishing a mod based on a Halcyon Winds game, you hereby grant to Halcyon Winds and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and perpetual right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, publicly display and publicly perform your mod. Explicitly, this license shall include the right to make the mod publicly available through other channels of distribution, and the right to adapt a mod to be compatible with other platforms. This license shall survive termination of the EULA.
- Your mod may not contain any material which (i) infringes any applicable law; (ii) resemblance any recognizable third party brand, character or personality, including but not limited to any trademarks or logos except for those assets provided by Halcyon Winds ; (iii) any third party assets, from other games published by Halcyon Winds and its affiliates or any other third party; (iv) any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, or any other similar software or program; (v) is obscene, indecent, pornographic, offensive, defamatory, fraudulent, threatening, hate speech, liable to incite racial hatred, acts of terrorism or violence, menacing, blasphemous or contains nudity or gratuitous or graphic violence; (vii) has been posted or published in breach of a third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights); (viii) brings, or is likely to bring, Halcyon Winds, its affiliates, licensees or licensors into disrepute; or (ix) in relation to mods related to the game Cities: Skylines®, make reference to any organization whose principal business includes the sale of tobacco or tobacco related products, or firearms.
- You represent and warrant that any mod created by you, and your grant of rights in such mod, does not violate any applicable contract, law or regulation, and that the mod is your original creative work and does not infringe any third party´s intellectual property rights or any other rights. Halcyon Winds specifically disclaims any liability with regard to any mod, and you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Halcyon Winds and its, affiliates, licensees, contractors, officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any damages, losses, cost and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising directly or indirectly from any acts and omissions associated with the use of any Mod which you create and publish.
- We reserve the right to suspend access to, or terminate your license for, any mods published by you or modding tools provided by us. Halcyon Winds is under no obligation to use, distribute or continue to distribute mods, and you understand that Halcyon Winds may restrict, or remove, your mods for any reason.
If you have any questions regarding this Mod Policy, please contact us at us on Discord at https://discord.gg/hYzMx3JgDN